woeandisme said: Future Vampire Queen - I know you're happily married and I was curious when you got married did you feel the need to cut back or mute your gothiness for the event, if there was one that is? I am planning a wedding, which if all goes as I want, will be a spectacular goth affair with bats, and coffins and more. So I was just curious what your experiences where.
Let me put it this way:
- When the RealHusband and I started planning the wedding, he said, "I assume you want it on Halloween or Nov. 1st?" (Halloween!)
- When we told my parents we were getting married, my mom said, "Are you wearing red or black velvet?" (Wine-red velvet.)
- Our cake toppers were figures of Lydia and Beetlejuice.
- Clovis Devilbunny was our ring bearer.
- Instead of bachelor or bachelorette parties, we had a pumpkin carving party to help with the wedding decor.
It’s you and your beloved’s wedding, so it should reflect your relationship and personalities! Toddle on over to Offbeat Bride, because I feel it’s the best alternative/untraditional wedding info site out there. (Plus the people who are behind it are delightful.)